Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Design for Multi-taskers

Throughout the past year, I have been a part of a team that is working to open up a student-run coffee shop near our university. Through this process we have all done a considerable amount of research to help make the project happen. As one of the designers on the team, I have been a "fake traveler" to many coffee shops and during one of our searches I came across this coffee shop called Wash & Coffee located in Munich, Germany. I loved the idea that this shop presented, since we all obviously have to do laundry, and most of us generally love the environment that coffee shops offer, so why not combine the two into one fun location?

Exterior of Wash & Coffee

The design of the shop is very refreshing and well thought out for the uses of the space, allowing customers to easily monitor their laundry while participating in community. 


Wash & Coffee's Munich location

They also have a shop in Amsterdam. This location has the same modern, simple, and clean design that Wash & Coffee is going to be known for.


I love the water droplet light fixtures above this serving counter at the Amsterdam location!

Wash & Coffee's Amsterdam location
Wash & Coffee's Amsterdam location


I also am a sucker for good logo design, and I fell in love with their logo. It is such a strong piece of design that so clearly and simply explains what the company is about.




Also, from the looks of their website, they even have different specials such as Wash & Dry & Coffee, Wash & Coffee, or Wash & Dry & Snack & Drink!

For more information about Wash & Coffee, or to find out how to take one of their ironing classes that they apparently offer, check out their website at http://wash-coffee.com/

I would say that I have definitely used my fair share of university laundry rooms, so I could see how a location like this would be a refreshing change to what a lot of college students or laundromat users are used to! I hear there are some shops popping up in the U.S. with the same concept as Wash & Coffee, so let me know if you know of any!





No comments:

Post a Comment